Thursday, June 4, 2015

A super detailed, in-depth look into James' struggles

James was in first place.  After going 12-26 in the past 4 weeks he finds himself in 5th, 10 games back of first place and closer to losing his playoff spot, only 4 games ahead of 7th place Ben.  So let's spare no detail as we look into what caused this downfall.

Before week 5 James posted this to the blog:
"So speaking of me, yeah, I'll say it, I'm in 1st place after all of y'all said I had a shitty team…"Wow Greinke, bad pick" "bad keepers," "Cespedes is going to suck this year," "Holliday is the same as every year (which is admittedly true)," "You'll be lucky to make the playoffs," "I'll have a bye and you'll lose round 1 if you get lucky enough to make it"- Last two courtesy of Alex. "

That caused it.  Definitely

Well, I allotted more time in my day to writing this, so I will point out stuff in the league I find interesting.

Through 8 weeks, only one category has not been won by a manager.  Showtime Tim McGrail has gone 0-8 in strikeouts.  Note:  He was losing in strikeouts before conceding all 5 categories to the 45 innings rule.  One interesting fact about that matchup is that Tim did not meet the innings minimum against James, the main reason why an innings minimum was instituted.  To go back to why James has been on the decline, it may be due to the fact that all his opponents since facing Tim in week three have met the 45 innings requirement.

Okay okay okay, my bad.  Only two categories have not been won by a manager.  Alex Gentilli is 0-8 in WHIP.  I promise that's the only other one.  Things should improve though, as Clay Buchholz is starting to turn a corner...  Wait, what's that?  TJ picked him up?  I predict 0-9 in WHIP.  

Neither TJ nor Colin have lost Saves.  They both sit at 6-0-2.  Nothing more interesting there, they just probably have more closers than you.  

Clay Buchholz has a 6.06 ERA and a 1.62 WHIP in 32.2 innings while on Alex's roster.  In 35.2 innings not on Alex's roster he has a 2.56 ERA.  It couldn't have played out any more hilariously for the rest of us.  At least you didn't trade Dan Haren for him in 2007 or draft Oliver Perez in the second round.  You could also be Drew.  Keep your head up, Skinny. 

That's all for today!



No comments:

Post a Comment